AIMS: Reading AND listening
Warm up – speaking game
Vovabulary Unit 6
1. The accuracy of his answers to the quiz questions meant that his team won the
2. The arrival of the star was greeted by thousands of flashbulbs from the press.
3. Phil was on the point of taking the photo when he realised that the sun was in the
4. Dave was running late because of several unplanned things that had happened that
5. Small animals often show behavioural patterns that are similar to those of humans.
6. It’s important to know which wild mushrooms are safe to eat because some of them
are poisonous and can be deadly.
7. What is the depth of the pond? Is it about 1.5 metres?
8. It’s important to learn how to deal with failure as well as success.
9. I am the same height as my mother now.
10. Our dogs require a long walk on a daily basis.
ex. 1,2,3,5,6,7 page 78-79
ex.1,2,3,4,5,6 page 82