VOCABULARY: learn words/phrases from the reading text in CB.
GRAMMAR: Review of Past tenses. Use Past Tenses to sequence events / tell a story.
WRITING: collaborative production of a story, based on a set of given words / activate useful language for telling a story (for example, narrative tenses, adverbs, different types of connectives)
- Active vocabulary:
- Mollie is determined to achieve her goal of swimming across the lake.
- Cold places don’t really appeal to me because I prefer the sun and the warmth.
- I was awestruck by the view when we reached the top of the mountain. It was really beautiful.
- We were all blown away by the incredible scenery.
- Mary was really down in the dumps about cancelling the holiday.
- Charlie was over the moon about his trip to Colorado.
- The strong winds caused severe damage to the boats in the harbour.
- Villagers are finding it difficult to cope with the number of tourists in the summer
- Even though it is in the middle of nowhere, the hotel is easily accessible from the
- GRAMMAR: Practice in Past Tenses – sequencing events (p 24 ex 1-4) (pairs).
- GAME: Alphabet Stories.
- WRITING: Ss use all the words they came up with playing the game to produce a story (groups). The story should be 150 words. Time limit 15 mins. Class feedback – vote for winner!
- Check on Project 1 progress.
- HW: CB ex 1-2 p 25, ex 1,3,4, p27