SPEAKING: describe a place at different times of the day. Talk about preferences. Express and support opinion.
READING: understand what a long article is about reading the title and the introduction. Skim-read a long text to get the gist of it.
VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR: revise language learned and practised in U2.
- U2 revision: p 33-34
- Intro to U4. Ss discuss Qs on p 49 (groups). Encourage the use of L to express preference, and justify it:
- I prefer going out during daytime to walking around at night as it may be a bit unsafe.
- I’d rather spend time in the city coz there’s plenty to do while I find the countryside beautiful but rather
- I like the countryside better than the city. You know, it’s not nearly as noisy and crowded.
- Speaking and Reading: ex 1-3 p 50.
- HW: CB ex 5-6 pp 50-51, ex 1 and 3 p 52. A language test on Edmodo (U2). Write three examples of the L in speaking above.