SPEAKING: describe a place at different times of the day. Talk about preferences. Express and support opinion.
READING: understand what a long article is about reading the title and the introduction. Skim-read a long text to get the gist of it.
GRAMMAR: revise and practise using conditionals.
EXAM SKILLS: Reading Part 7.
- Intro to U4. Ss discuss Qs on p 49 (groups). Encourage the use of L to express preference, and justify it:
- I prefer going out during daytime to walking around at night as it may be a bit unsafe.
- I’d rather spend time in the city coz there’s plenty to do while I find the countryside beautiful but rather
- I like the countryside better than the city. You know, it’s not nearly as noisy and crowded.
- Speaking and Reading: ex 1-3 p 50. Reading ex 5-6 pp 50-51
- Grammar: check HW ex 1-3 p 52.
- ACTIVE VOCABULARY
- Many agricultural workers work long hours.
- 2. At first sight there didn’t appear to be much damage.
- We shouldn’t do anything that puts our health at risk
- She shouted ‘Help’ at the top of her voice
- Yes, by all means bring Adam to the party.
- This is by far the most beautiful city I have ever visited.
- The test took me by surprise. I thought it was next week!
- Don’t go out without your coat. You might catch a cold.
- Tickets for the castle are sold at the entrance gate.
- The shop assistant realised that the customer had tried to pay with a fake debit card.
- We’d better leave now in case the bus is late
- HW: CB ex 1, 4, 5 p 53 A language test on Edmodo (U2). Write three examples of the L in speaking above.