- CPE exam skills: UoE parts 1-4.
- Vocabulary: work out the meaning of new word/phrases in context.
- UoE practice pp 136-137 (pairs – class feedback)
- The end of the Cold War was a defining moment for the world in more ways than one.
- The welfare system was set up to provide a safety net for the poor.
- I thought I’d have a shot at making my own wine. It turned out more like vinegar!
- Icy conditions resulted in two roads being
- Don’t miss out on the fantastic bargains in our summer sale.
- Due to globalisation, lesser languages could fall by the wayside.
- The fact that a party can be voted into power by a minority of the electorate calls into question the country’s electoral system.
- As the saying goes, “Don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched.”
- These measures are designed to dilute public fears about the product’s safety.
- Men who do the cooking are something of a rarity in this society.
- Parents can sometimes overemphasize the need for children to succeed in sports.
- I’m very apprehensive about tomorrow’s meeting.
- Studying for the test is on the top of my list for this weekend.
- Koula helps performers hone their skills as dancers and singers.
HW: CB ex 1-2 pp 134-135, WB Parts 1-2 p 100