3rd Lesson (1h)
- revise voc + check WB
- present questions
- practice forming questions + interviewing
Warm-up: revise vocabulary events through mining and drawing, let them guess the word you mime or draw. WB: p. 4, ex. 1, 2 (let them do them alone, supervise and check).
Present and practice present question forms through cards and a video accompanied by an activity (http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/course/lower-intermediate/unit-1/session-2)
SB: p. 5, ex. 1. Ss look at the picture, T elicits what they can see. Ss take turns to read out the questions, they predict the answers, compare ideas, listen to the recording, check predictions.
SB: p. 5, ex. 2. Ss listen to the recording, repeat the questions and give their own answers.
Let them create their own questions and interview their partner.
- study NAV
- The Prince of Scotland killed the wolf. He was very brave.
- Riding a horse was an exciting adventure for little James.
- The journalist is interviewing Jack Coots, the famous explorer, now.
- The children explored the park near Matthew’s house.
- I can make a cake just like my mother’s!
- Don’t tell anyone. It’s a secret!
- Princess Anna lives in a castle.
- WB: pg. 5, ex. 1, 2