8th Lesson (2h)
- Practice Simple Present more
- Present NAV
- Practice voc and writing skills through writing a song
Check voc and WB: pg. 11, ex. 1, 2/ GIU: pg. 23, ex. 6.3/pg. 25, ex. 7.2
GIU: pg. 23, ex. 6.5/pg. 25, ex. 7.3
Play the domino game
Do SB: pg. 11, ex. 3. Ex. 3-game: Revise chores and daily routines, e.g. What do you do at home to help your mum and dad? Pre-teach forget. Mime an action (washing-up) and the Ss guess the action and say, e.g. That’s right. I mustn’t forget to wash up.
SB: pg. 12 (song): start with description of the picture. Ask from Ss to cover the lyrics of the song and try to number the pictures just by listening. They uncover the song, listen again and check. Then make word chains with words from the song. Give them a 2-minute limit.
Ask Ss to write their own song. Activate their imagination by showing them some pictures from weird museums.
(If there is time left): Introduce subject and object pronouns through NB/ go on with GIU: pg. 129, ex. 59.1, 2/ Further practice through a video (https://en.islcollective.com/video-lessons/gru-subject-and-object-pronouns) Come back to SB: pg. 13 and give examples using give (e.g. Give us the pencil, please.) and elicit another way to say it (Give the pencil to us, please.)/ If there is time, play the Show me game/ WB: pg. 13, ex. 2
- Plato lived in ancient
- There’s a new Egyptian exhibit in the museum.
- Pericles ruled Athens in the 5th century BC.
- “What’s the date today?” “I can’t remember. Look at the
- The royal family of Britain lives in Buckingham palace.
- James wrapped the present to gave it to his friend for his birthday.
WB: pg. 12, ex. 1, 2